Tuesday 12 May 2009

Put in a good word!

Today's idiom is:


to put in a good word

This idiom is used when say something good about an other person so that they can achieve something. It may be in order to get a job, or when asking another person on a date etc.

Example 1


A: I'm having a job interview at your company tomorrow.

B: Is that so? I'll put in a good word for you.


Example 2


A: That girl is beautiful. Could you put in a good word for me?

B: I would but I don't think she'll listen to me.



Check out our English grammar blog




English Correction - English Proofreading
아시안 학생들 및 비즈니스를 위한 영문서류수정서비스
英・米国ネーティブによる、学生や企業等への編集・構成サービス
Simplified Chinese - English translation services
Jasa proofreading dan pengeditan oleh Penutur Asli Bahasa Inggris
บริการแก้ไขและตรวจทานภาษาอังกฤษโดยเจ้าของภาษาให้กับนักศึกษาและธุรกิจ
面向亚洲学生和商务人士的英语母语校对和编辑服务
Onsite English Idioms Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment