Monday 16 March 2009

Get out of my hair!

Today's idiom is:

Get out of your hair

Sometimes people need peace and quiet to get on with their job or everyday routine. At such a time we can say "I'll get out of your hair," which means to leave them alone and stop bothering them

Example 1

A:If got a million things to do today and I haven't even started.

B:I'll get out of your hair and let you get on with it then.

Example 2

A: I wish Andy would get out of my hair and let me finish this work.

B: Maybe you should tell him he should leave.

Check out our English grammar blog

Native English proofreading and editing services
아시안 학생들 및 비즈니스를 위한 영문서류수정서비스
英・米国ネーティブによる、学生や企業等への編集・構成サービス
Simplified Chinese - English translation services
Jasa proofreading dan pengeditan oleh Penutur Asli Bahasa Inggris
บริการแก้ไขและตรวจทานภาษาอังกฤษโดยเจ้าของภาษาให้กับนักศึกษาและธุรกิจ
面向亚洲学生和商务人士的英语母语校对和编辑服务
Onsite English Idiioms Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment